Dealer’s Den and Artist’s Alley Rules, Regulations and Selection:
1. Texas Sales Tax Permit: ALL vendors must possess a Texas Sales Tax Permit to do business at the Alamo City Furry Invasion, with the exception of demonstration-only vendors (no sales) or a registered charity. No Dealer will be allowed to set-up without a Texas Sales Tax Permit on file with the Vendor Coordinator.
a. Obtaining a Texas Sales Tax Permit is a free, quick and painless process which can be done online at http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxpermit/
b. If you have not received your official certificate before the Alamo City Furry Invasion event, please ring a copy of the signed form you faxed/mailed to the Comptroller’s Office with you to the Alamo City Furry Invasion event. Vendors selling any item at the Alamo City Furry Invasion must collect all Taxes and Tariffs required by the State of Texas.
c. Vendor merchants are also responsible for the submission of these taxes to the appropriate offices (Sales Tax for Bexar, Texas is currently 8.25%.)
d. You may file by email your Texas Sales Tax Permit ahead of time or stop by the Coordinator’s table and file it at any point during the Den’s registration & operational hours. Note: We may have limited facilities in place to assist in registering for a Texas Sales Tax Permit at the Alamo City Furry Invasion events. However, to ensure that you are ready to register and do not get an unpleasant surprise, we highly recommend that you obtain your Texas Sales Tax Permit before the Alamo City Furry Invasion event.
2. Electricity Usage: Upon request, the Dealers Den provides basic power access for free, such as for charging a laptop or phone, but higher usage requires a fee of $25.
3. Posting of Signs & Display Rules: Use of the space provided is up to the Dealer, but certain restrictions apply:
a. Each Dealer is restricted to the use of the space on top of, and immediately behind, their table. Side stands may be permitted, but only upon the approval of the Vendor Coordinator.
b. You may not encroach on your neighbor’s space (including neighbors behind you) without their permission. Please be courteous.
c. Displays that include sounds or lights (including videos) are permitted as long as they do not annoy your fellow dealers and/or attendees. If complaints are received, you will be asked to turn off these items.
d. Squeakers and other noisemakers are allowed, provided they do not unduly annoy other dealers. Please remember that not everyone enjoys listening to them all day for three days in a row. Please be kind.
e. Vendor merchants may only post items on the walls using approved materials, such as painters tape or 3M Command strips. No signs or flyers may be affixed to wood surfaces with any adhesive terial. You are responsible for any damages you incur by hanging items on the wall.
f. Each space comes with one table, unless otherwise requested. These requests MUST be submitted to the Vendor Coordinator prior to set-up, or the table will remain for the duration of the Convention.
g. If a booth set-up is requested, then tables will NOT be provided. Booth set-ups are an open-floor arrangement for the dealer to set up their own display within.
4. Prohibited Items: Please be aware of items prohibited for sale. This list may be appended at any time. Should you have questions about whether an item may or may not be sold, please contact us. The Alamo City Furry Invasion reserves the right to ask retailers to remove from display or sale any items the Staff feels are inappropriate. Prohibited items include (but are not limited to):
a. Firearms, no exceptions.
b. Alcohol, no exceptions.
c. Weapons which are not peace-bonded.
d. Flammable/incendiary items other than candles and incense.
e. Candles and incense may not be lit for demonstration purposes.
f. Scents and Perfumes may be limited if the smells are overbearing and affecting other attendees.
g. Home-made food items manufactured in facilities without FDA or local health inspector oversight.
h. Moonshine (like really… nobody knows where your alcohol has been)
i. Any other item prohibited in the State of Texas or the City of San Antonio. The Alamo City Furry Invasion reserves the right to ask retailers to remove from display or sale any items the Staff feels are inappropriate.
5. Adult Material :Adult material is permitted, but it must be censored or otherwise obscured to prevent access by minors. All Adult Material (including but not limited to printed, video, computer-generated, drawn, audio and physical) must be censored. The retailer is responsible for policing his or her own table to keep minors from being inadvertently exposed. All minors will be wearing a distinctly colored and labeled Minor badge, but retailers must check ID if the individual appears to be less than 18 years of age. If adult art is loose or in a binder, individual works must be censored.
6. Retailer Liability: Vendors are responsible, within reason, for any damage to hotel property and/or equipment loaned to them due to inappropriate use. Hotel property and equipment may not be modified in any way, including but not limited to: Holes, chips, paint, glue or damage due to rough or inappropriate behavior. The Alamo City Furry Invasion, A+ King Services & Entertainment, the San Antonio Furries Convention Committee and the San Antonio Marriott Northwest are not liable for any personal injury or damage to equipment or property caused by the inappropriate use of hotel equipment, such as falling while standing on a chair or table. Please use provided equipment responsibly.
7. Layout Changes: The Alamo City Furry Invasion reserves the right to make changes to any published Dealer’s Den or Artist Alley layout, as needed, at any time up-to and including during set-up.
8. Vendor Selection: The Alamo City Furry Invasion performs vendor selection by jury rounds. Each year will have 3 Rounds of juried selection. Only COMPLETED applications that have been submitted successfully will be reviewed by the staff of the Alamo City Furry Invasion. Any INCOMPLETE applications will be filtered out of the jury selection. Jury selection will be determined by a democratic vote of the Alamo City Furry Invasion Staff.
9. ACFI Vendor Rules:For applications to be considered COMPLETE the Dealer filling out the application MUST accept the ACFI Vendor Rules within the Dealer’s Application process. Failure to accept the terms and conditions outlined here will result in a ‘push’ of an application to the next round not to exceed two pushes.
10. Application Pushes: An application “push” is an application that goes on to the following round of jury selection. A “push” can only occur in the event that an application has not been filled out completely, a link to the dealer’s craft has not been provided (if you do not have a link, examples of the dealer’s craft can be sent to email@example.com), the ACFI Vendor Rules has not been accepted and/or high volume of application submissions. (sometimes the amount of submissions are too numerous to go through them all). After two “pushes” an application will not be considered for approval.
11. Table Sales in the Dealer’s Den and/or Artist’s Alley: All table sales in the Dealer’s Den and/or Artist’s Alley before during and after preregistration are final and NO REFUNDS will be issued.
12. Rules: All of the Alamo City Furry Invasion Rules must be followed in addition to the rules listed here.
13. The Alamo City Furry Invasion reserves the right to amend these rules without prior or posted notice.