Alamo City Furry Invasion Last Updated 10/1/2017
What is Alamo City Furry Invasion?
Alamo City Furry Invasion is an annually held furry convention that is in San Antonio, Texas at the El Tropicano Hotel on the Downtown River Walk on the first weekend of October.
Do I need a Fursuit to attend?
Fursuits, partial or full, are a wonderful part of the furry fandom, however they are not a requirement to attend. We welcome any and all people who are interested in in the wonderful world of furries, with or without a fursuit.
Our Mission Statement:
The goal of this convention is to engage members of the community both furry and non, in a fun atmosphere, with activities and educational events for all ages. The convention will strive to provide a positive, family-friendly and safe place for people of all ages, races, creed and backgrounds who are part of the Furry Fandom or are curious.
Who runs the convention?
A+ King Services & Entertainment was formed as an LLC governing organization in the last quarter of 2016 but has been operating since February of 2016. A+ King Services & Entertainment is d.b.a. Alamo City Furry Invasion. Officers were elected, by-laws were documented, and it became an entity in its own right.
Who are the Executive staff?
Our current team (and growing) consists of:
- Adam King aka Drummer the Angelwolf – Convention Chairman & Treasurer
- Israel Para aka Ramses – Vice Chairman
- Louis Broome aka Aromorclad Coyote – Secretary
- Lyle Curtin aka Terrence Mouse – Human Relations & Conflict Resolution
- [VACANT] – Webmaster
- Aloha – Public Relations
- Rasha – Convention Operations
- Alex F. aka Glitch – Security Director
- KL Sanchez – Productions Director
- Josef Rickets aka Whines – Audio/Video Director
- Forrest Tate aka Scout – Registration Director
- Esther Westphal aka Thorgi – Arts & Expo Director
- Steven Raupp – Marketing and Advertising Director
- Andrew Moldenhauer aka Taz Tiger – Hospitality Director
- Cameron Tunnell aka Zane Shadowmancer – Gaming Director
- Drake Fox – Paneling and Scheduling
- Vicki Hoffman aka SockMonkeySB – Volunteer Director
- Currently Open – Fundraising & Entertainment
- Andrew Burke aka Kou Wolfe – Dancing Competition Coordinator
- Ace Squirrel and Cinnamon Yokai – Social Media & Relations
- Tyler Newell aka Maxx – Photography
- Furball – Videography
How will you distinguish yourself from other furry conventions?
We are working to bring more of the fandom to the state of Texas. We believe that by holding Furry Invasion on the dates we do, we will be offering more options to those that wish to participate in furry conventions rather than competing for attendees with limited time and resources.
Where do you make official announcements?
We make official announcements at the following places:
- Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AlamoCityFurryInvasion/
- Twitter @FurryInvasion
- Telegram: https://goo.gl/eEV7Xp
- FurAffinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furryinvasion/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alamocityfurryinvasion/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsIOKOhaEQZZYWgzAGemXng
- Amino: http://aminoapps.com/p/8kqvue
- DeviantArt: https://acfurryinvasion.deviantart.com
- Tumblr: https://furryinvasion.tumblr.com/
- Our website: https://furryinvasion.org
What type of legal entity is the convention?
The convention will operate as a product of A+ King Services & Entertainment, LLC doing business as Alamo City Furry Invasion. This allows us to negotiate contracts and apply for all licenses and certificates needed to run a successful convention. The event is owned (and thus paid for) by A+ King Services & Entertainment while the convention is operated by the San Antonio Furries Convention Committee.
How is the convention funded?
Start-up costs are being provided by A+ King Services & Entertainment, LLC through out-of-pocket expense and small fundraising efforts within the furry community. We have chosen to take the costs on ourselves so that we may be able to have everything in place prior to any pre-registration or other fundraising efforts we undertake to fulfill the larger venue and operational costs as we move forward.
Does Furry Invasion support a charity like other conventions?
Yes although we legally operate a for-profit business, Furry Invasion has chosen a charity within the local community to support.
- San Antonio Pets Alive (SAPA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created specifically to work in partnership with San Antonio Animal Care Services to reduce the number of adoptable animals euthanized in San Antonio.
What demographics is the Alamo City Furry Invasion looking at?
Our target demographics are members of the furry community in the and around the San Antonio area of all ages. We are working to expand our reach, but for our first year we want to focus on our local community. However, the convention is available to everyone from all over, that identifies as furry or those who love them and are simply interested.