Alamo City Furry Invasion Code of Conduct (Last updated 11/16/2017)
The primary purpose of the Alamo City Furry Invasion is for our attendees to have fun. These rules have been established to ensure that everyone can have fun in a safe and friendly environment.
A+ King Services & Entertainment does not wish to revoke memberships or ban anyone from our events. We want you to like coming to our events and we want you to come back. The rules are here to maintain order and harmony. It is our hope and expectation that we will seldom have to enforce them. So use good judgment. Be responsible. Treat each other with respect. Live and let live and we can all have a great time.
If you are a member of the media, looking to film, photograph, or otherwise document our events for publication, please visit our Media Policies page for guidelines: Media Policy Click Here
Alamo City Furry Invasion’s Code of Conduct
1. All attendees are assumed to have read and understood this official Alamo City Furry Invasion Code of Conduct and agreed to the terms set forth therein when receiving a badge. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.
2. Anyone who accepts a membership badge agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Alamo City Furry Invasion and A+ King Services & Entertainment (hereinafter the Convention) from any claim for personal injuries or other damages or equity arising out of any individual’s activities at the Convention, even if such injury or damage is caused by negligence by or on the part of the Convention.
3. The Convention seeks to make its staff members available to its attendees. Staff members will be wearing specially marked badges or special–issue shirts to indicate their status. If you have a problem or concern, please alert a member of staff to the issue.
4. All attendees of the Convention (even those who are attending with a parent) will be required to present a single government–issued photo ID at registration which clearly states their full legal name and date of birth. Examples of valid photo identification include: photo ID issued by a Department of Public Safety or Department of Motor Vehicles office, driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc. Examples of IDs which are NOT valid include: school ID, employee ID, or any other ID that is either not issued by a federal or state government agency or not a photo ID with full legal name and date of birth. Any person who does not present such photo ID will not be allowed to complete registration or be granted a convention badge of membership. Any person found to be attempting to present a forged or falsified ID will be remanded to police custody.
5. The majority of the Convention is intended for general audiences. However, some events or subject matter may be limited to adult audiences. At registration, if you are at least 18 years old, you may opt to sign an age statement signifying that you are at least 18 years of age and must present a government–issued photo ID showing your full legal name and date of birth for verification. If you elect not to sign this statement, or you do not produce a government–issued photo ID proving that you are at least 18 years old, you may register as a minor as indicated below. Any person who falsifies their age statement or provides forged or falsified documentation or photo ID will be remanded to police custody.
6. Minors who will be ages 16 and 17 at time of registration check–in who do not present government–issued photo ID stating the legal name and birthdate or do not have a complete Parental Consent For Minor To Attend Alamo City Furry Invasion 2017 form at time of registration may still register, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any official convention spaces; the minor must still complete a parental consent form as otherwise required in order to register. Parents and legal guardians will be held responsible for any damages or problems caused by their minors. Any minor who provides a forged or falsified form of photo ID will be remanded to police custody.
7. Children who will be age 15 and younger at the time or registration check–in are not required to present a government–issued photo ID, but must register with and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times in any official convention area; the minor must still complete a parental consent form as otherwise required in order to register. Parents and guardians will be held responsible for any damages or problems caused by their children.
8. Convention attendees must wear their official convention badge at all times while in public convention areas, and it must be shown upon request to any member of convention staff, security, hotel staff, or law enforcement. Your badge will contain a badge name of your choosing (subject to staff approval), as well as a unique ID number (also called the UID). Any attendee who does not wear their badge or fails to present it upon request may be prevented from entering official convention events, panels, or other associated areas of the convention. Altering convention badges in such a manner as to permanently obscure any of these elements renders the badge unusable and invalid. If your badge becomes unusable/invalid or is lost, it will be replaced at a charge of 10 U.S. dollars per badge. Any person found using a counterfeit badge, using a badge not belonging to them, or making copies of their badge for others will have their membership revoked and will be banned from the Convention and all subsequent events hosted by A+ King Services & Entertainment.
9. The Chairman of the Convention reserves the right to deny or revoke membership at any time for any reason.
10. In the event that any staff member or security member of the Convention deems it necessary to revoke any attendee’s membership, that attendee must surrender their convention badge to said staff or security member and leave the Convention immediately. Also, said attendee will not be entitled to any manner of refund or compensation for the price of their membership. This includes all levels of membership.
11. All public areas of the host venue are non–smoking. The host venue has designated areas where smoking is permitted, and attendees of the Convention are required to utilize these areas. For the purposes of defining “smoking”, e–cigarettes and “vaping” apparatuses, and any other forms of electronic nicotine delivery systems are considered to be smoking utensils.
12. Any usage, sale, or possession of illegal or non–prescribed controlled substances (to include all drugs and chemicals listed in Schedules I through V of the United States controlled substances lists) will constitute cause to revoke membership of those involved in the activity and will be reported to the proper authorities.
13. All parties at which alcohol is served or consumed must verify that every person in attendance is of legal drinking age by checking government–issued photo IDs. Any party found serving alcohol to or allowing consumption of alcohol by anyone who is not of legal drinking age will be shut down immediately.
14. The Convention accepts no liability for whatever may occur within the confines of private hotel rooms. Incidents that occur in these rooms are the sole responsibility of the individual to whom the room is rented. This includes payment for any and all damages, responsibilities for complaints levied against the room, and any other issues that may arise. Please note that if a situation should occur that may present a threat to the Convention and/or its attendees, the Convention has a responsibility to report it to the proper authorities. Damages to hotel rooms may result in the individual(s) registered to the room to be disallowed from returning for future events hosted by A+ King Services & Entertainment. Individuals that cause damage to public spaces or misuse of any emergency systems may be responsible for reimbursing the Convention of any costs that the host venue levies against the Convention.
15. No weapons are permitted at the Convention. If you have a facsimile or a replica of, or a peace–bonded weapon to use as part of a costume, it must be approved by the Convention before being shown in public. Insofar as props designed to accompany costumes—be they cosplay costumes or as part of fursuit outfits—these props do not need to be pre–approved by or inspected by the staff of the Convention, with the exception of props that may be deemed weapons; when in doubt, do not hesitate to flag down a member of Convention Staff or Security and ask their opinion. Please see the article Alamo City Furry Invasion Dress Code and Costume Prop Guidelines for more information on this subject. Additionally, due to potential damages that may occur to property, the following items are not allowed in the hotel at any time: silly string, paintball guns, water guns, drones, or any similar devices; this list is by no means exhaustive or all–inclusive with respect to items deemed unacceptable in the host venue. The staff and security members of the Convention reserve and may exercise the right to deem what is and is not considered an appropriate or unacceptable item.
16. While the Convention wholeheartedly endorses get–togethers, meet–ups, and other gatherings, it is imperative that any materials used to advertise these events be tasteful and be posted in an area and in such a manner wherein no damage will be caused to the host venue. This may include limiting such posts and promotional materials to designated areas. The Convention reserves the right to remove any posted notices that are considered inappropriate.
17. Remember that while you are at the Convention, you are not only here to enjoy the furry fandom, but you also serve to represent it. Violators may be warned only once. Further as such, the following behaviors are prohibited in any public or meeting spaces of the host venue:
a. Public displays of affection beyond hugging and tasteful scritching.
b. Excessively loud volumes, whether you are being personally boisterous or playing loud music over a portable music system of any kind.
c. Failure to wear attire appropriate to a public setting, to include leggings, tops, and footwear, or failure to wear attire of any kind (i.e., outright nudity). The staff and security of the Convention may require attendees to alter their attire if it is determined to be inappropriate. Additionally, tasteful and appropriate swimwear must be worn while using the host venue’s pool and hot tub.
d. Wearing any “alternative–lifestyle” fetish gear in public that could be deemed offensive or distasteful to the general populace. The staff and security of the Convention reserve and may exercise the right to determine on a case–by–case basis what is deemed appropriate or unacceptable. Please see the article Alamo City Furry Invasion Dress Code and Costume Prop Guidelines for more information on this subject.
e. Disrespect of the staff and security of the Convention and/or host venue, or willful and wanton damage to the property of the host venue.
f. Sleeping is not allowed in public areas of the Convention. If caught napping, you will be woken and be asked to move.
g. Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages in any location other than the designated allowable areas of the host venue.
h. Per Federal Aviation Administration regulations (14 CFR 91), flying remote controlled aircraft within or without the host venue is expressly forbidden. Anyone seen flying RC aircraft can and may be disciplined by both the Convention and/or federal authorities, with penalties up to and including fines and possible jail time.
18. The following behaviors are also prohibited in any public area:
a. Display of any adult–themed subject matter. This includes, but is not expressly limited to, badges and other forms of visible media. E.g., a strategically placed sticker does not turn an otherwise NSFW badge into one appropriate for all ages. As a general rule of thumb, if it could be construed by anyone as pornographic in nature in any fashion, it is not appropriate.
b. Running and jogging is a safety concern for yourself and others is not permitted in the host venue.
c. Selling goods or services outside of the approved areas of the Dealers Den, Artist Alley, Art Show, or any other area designated for orderly and regulated commerce by the Convention.
d. Vulgar, offensive, or blatantly provocative or hateful statements, messages, or artwork, to include but not be limited to badges or tattoos on clothing, skin, signs, or other forms of visible media. This includes depictions of sexual acts or nudity, depictions or messages of violence, hate, and racially or religiously divisive/hateful material, as well as offensive language and obscenities or phrases deemed inappropriate for a general and public audience. The staff and security of the Convention reserves the right to make this decision on a case by case basis. If asked to remove an article or implement found to be in violation of this rule, you must do so immediately and without hesitation, or as quickly as possible in a private area. Repeat offenders may be subject to more severe disciplinary action by the Convention. Please see the article Alamo City Furry Invasion Dress Code and Costume Prop Guidelines for more information on this subject.
19. Artists and dealers selling adult–themed artwork must have any such subject matter censored or enclosed in a binder or other appropriate and acceptable receptacle, which is clearly marked for Adult–only consumption and viewing.
20. Convention attendees must maintain a reasonable level of hygiene. We understand that fursuits are hot and people sweat, but please keep in mind that if you do not address your musk it may make other attendees uncomfortable. If deemed necessary, security staffers of the Convention may request the individual leave the host venue’s public areas until they have acceptably addressed the issue.
21. Do not attach anything to the host venue’s walls, elevators, or doors. This includes, but is not limited to: stickers, tape of any kind, posters, tacks and pins, nails, glue, or any form of adhesive or piercing material. For that matter, do not deface or mark on the host venue’s surfaces using any form of writing utensil, paint, or any other form of staining or marking agent, or by using a utensil to cut or etch markings, drawings, or writings into the surfaces. Graffiti is outright banned and will result in disciplinary action by the Convention.
22. The Convention has a strict No Harassment policy, to include any and all forms of physical, verbal, and/or sexual harassment. No means NO. If someone tells you to stop, you STOP. If someone tells you to go away, you GO AWAY. If someone will not abide by these rules, contact a staffer or security staffer of the Convention and the issue will be dealt with immediately.
23. Any attendees engaging in behavior which endangers life or property (including but not limited to such acts as pulling fire alarms or creating other hazardous situations) will have their membership revoked immediately and may be banned from future events hosted by A+ King services & Entertainment. If warranted, law enforcement may be contacted at the behest of the Convention.
24. Photographic, video, and audio recordings and coverage by a member of the press, media, or any other entertainment enterprise is prohibited in any convention–controlled areas of the host venue without prior written consent. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all ballrooms, conference rooms, and other spaces reserved by the Convention for its duration. Attendees must also give written consent to be recorded while in any public space at the Convention’s host venue by the press or any other entertainment enterprise, and said written consent must be kept on file for no less than one calendar year. If any attendee declines to consent to being recorded, the entity performing the recording must not allow that attendee to be within the recording in any fashion. If any attendee, after the recording has been taken, produced, and/or edited, requests that their likeness be removed, blurred, or otherwise excised from the recording, the entity who performed the recording must promptly comply, and any publicly–accessible recording bearing the complainant’s likeness must be removed temporarily until the likeness can be satisfactorily removed or obscured. It is also not permissible to photograph or videotape from any public space into any convention–controlled space. Discovery of such a recording being made, or violation of any part of this rule and its subparts, may result in the individual that performed the act being asked to leave the convention space and to be barred from returning to the Event in the future, and the Convention may ask that all recordings produced by the entity be removed from any publicly–accessible media format, whether physical or electronic.
a. If a member of the press is found by any attendee, they should immediately alert a staffer of the Convention, who will present said individual(s) with a written copy of the Alamo City Furry Invasion Media Policy and information about the Convention.
b. No photographs or video of the Convention may be used for any commercial purpose or financial gain without prior written consent from A+ King Services & Entertainment. Any personal photographs or video taken at the Convention and published, whether electronically or in print, must be removed immediately upon request.
c. Any attendee who photographs or records video of the convention for personal use—and who is not a member of or acting on behalf of any press outlet, entertainment enterprise, or similar endeavor—is allowed to take and record video and photographic media for their own personal sharing and amusement. Any conflicts and controversies which arise from the sharing and posting of said Media to social media outlets shall not be the fault of the Convention. This policy extends also to audio recordings, or any form of physical or electronic Media. Any Media recorded in this fashion and used for personal and commercial financial gain shall not include any endorsements by, or claims of endorsement by the Convention, or any copyrights, logos, or trademarks associated with the Convention which do not appear coincidentally in the Media recorded.
25. If the host venue decides for any reason to ban an individual from its premises, the Convention will likewise ban the individual from the Convention and any future event hosted by A+ King Services & Entertainment.
26. Convention staff members will make every attempt to be fair, lenient, and understanding in the case of infractions, but there are some situations in which our options may become limited based on the severity of the situation. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly by a member of the staff or security, you may take the matter up with the Chief of Security, the Convention Chairman, or the Executive Officer on duty.
27. The Convention will not accept ANY refund requests after pre–registration has closed. Unauthorized use of a credit or debit card, or any other form of monetary exchange card or monetary exchange process, and all other attempts to circumvent the Convention’s no refunds policy will result in a permanent ban from the Convention’s leadership.
28. The Convention reserves the right to amend these rules without prior or posted notice.
29. All sales of products and registration before, during, and after pre–registration are final and no refunds will be issued.
30. Certified service animals are allowed in the host venue and cannot be asked to be removed by staff or security excepting only if they are causing bodily harm, disruptions, or other threatening or disruptive behaviors, or complaints have been lodged with staff alleging them to be a nuisance; the complainant does not have to notify the offending animal’s owner in order to satisfy the conditions of reporting. By law the Convention cannot ask you to identify or require guests to produce registration or identification information about your service animal. An emotional support animal or therapeutic animal, however, is classified—by law—as a pet and falls under the host venue’s personal pet policy. All other pets and animals fall under the host venue’s pet policy, which varies from venue to venue. If you are in doubt about the policy of the hotel, please do not hesitate to ask staff for clarification. The Convention does ask, however, that you keep your pet(s) leashed or otherwise restrained for the comfort and safety of others, with the understanding that the host venue’s rules on leashing and caging override any rule the Convention can impose. The Convention reserves the right to ask that an attendee remove or leash an animal that has had complaints lodged against it by other guests, which can include complaints of threatening or disruptive behaviors, or actions deemed to be a nuisance to the general public.
31. With regards to injuries caused to or by service animals and pets over the course of the Convention, the Convention is not responsible for said injuries. Injuries caused willfully, maliciously, and wantonly to or by the pet(s) of any single member of the Convention staff is the responsibility of the staff member in question. In the event such an incident occurs, the matter will be escalated to the Convention’s executive committee for resolution and compensation.
32. The Convention is not responsible for the host venue’s compliance or non–compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need special accommodations, however, please do not hesitate to ask or request assistance, and convention staff will be happy to assist or work with the host venue to provide the necessary assistance.
33. In the event of an emergency, evacuation routes and plans are posted throughout the host venue. If you cannot locate the posted plans, please do not hesitate to ask convention staff or the staff of the host venue for assistance. The Convention encourages all guests to familiarize themselves with these plans in the event of an emergency. If an emergency situation should occur, please follow directions from convention staff and the staff of the host venue, or from any law enforcement or emergency services present. Above all else, be safe and prepared!
34. The Convention reserves the right to utilize any personal information obtained by the convention via the registration process to investigate, pursue, and enforce infractions of the ACFI Code of Conduct.